The Trucking Podcast has been plugging along for 206 episodes now. Rolling into the new year is a great time to share our thoughts on where we’re headed for 2018. I don’t want to define these as goals. Too much can change in a year. Let’s just consider the the directions we want to head in the new year.
Building Up The Trucking Podcast – The One Big Thing
I’ve learned quite a bit ever the last few years of doing this website and podcast stuff, but I have slacked off at putting it into practice. I want to change that in 2018. Here are some areas I want to focus on.
- Trucking business posts and conversation
- More on hot shot trucking and equipment
- Classic pickups, big trucks and what I can only call trucking Americana
- A few extra shows, although they will be shorter
- Reaching out to people involved in the areas I’ve just listed for podcast guest conversations
- Doing regular segments of Tactical Trucker and Ask Buck and Don
- More content on garage stuff
- A few more interviews that I know you will like
The Other Websites
As of this writing, I have 6 websites. One is managed by someone else, but I don’t have time to manage 5. I’m going to pull down 2 sites. The one big thing will be this site, Truckingpodcast.com. It’s productive, has a following and we sure enjoy doing the show.
We’ve decided to keep TomandKriscamping.com and Kris will take over some of the writing duties. The show will definitely be hit and miss.
The third site is what I call my “sand box.” I use it to test things before I use them on the other sites. It focuses on Green Bay, WI and trucking. Although it’s a “sand box site,” I’d like it to be viable. I’ll let you know when it’s ready for traffic.