Truckers are throwaway people. Or at least that’s what the New York Times would have you believe. I could write for hours about how offensive I find this article, and the stupidity of publishing it in the first place. But WAIT! I have a podcast. I’ll just blast it here. Oh, and those automated trucks that will be costing us all our jobs? Maybe the Times reporter should be worried about automated reporting. The AP is already using the program.
Reporters and Truckers Are Throwaway People
To replace a truck driver, the industry needs four things.
- An autonomous truck.
- Serious infrastructure modifications to accommodate the trucks.
- Several years of having a driver in the trucks as a safety measure.
- Rewritten laws at the state and federal level to allow this to happen.
To replace a few reporters, the AP only needed a computer program. According to The Verge, this program is already cranking out over 12,000 articles a year. And this article is over 2 years old.
Ford And Tesla On Wall Street
This is an interesting comparison, and another sign confirming my predictions on the future of the automobile market. Tesla makes nothing but 3 models of electric cars, and has never been profitable. Ford makes cars and trucks. Gasoline, diesel and electric options are all available from Ford. In fact, I counted 12 different hybrid and electric cars on their website.
Five Questions You’ve Always Asked
Okay. You may not have asked all of them, but we will answer them anyway.
- Do NASCAR drivers wear adult diapers?
- Why spicy foods are hot going in, and coming out.
- Who’s the highest paid government employee? (in Buck’s opinion)
- What’s really in a hot dog?
- Why is there a worm in tequila?
From Buck And Don’s Show Notes
How about a rat-rod wrap for your ride? From Jeff
Ford 300 six HO build. From Paul